- The Information Our Website Receives and How It Is Used
- Information Received By Ad Networks Operating on Our Website
- Users’ Comments
- Links to Our Website
- Rights and Choices for California Residents
- California Residents’ Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
- Deletion Request Rights for California Residents
- Non-discrimination Against California Residents
The Information Our Website Receives and How It Is Used
To assess how effective our website is, and to accumulate statistical and demographic data about how our website is used, we collect non-specific or non-identifiable information about our site’s visitors.
Our web server can identify the internet protocol address of our visitors, the gateway from which visitors used to enter our website, the date and time they visit, and how much time they spend there. But, any information about our visitors’ identity is kept strictly confidential.
The reason we collect this type of non-specific information is to make the necessary adjustments so that we can serve you better, troubleshooting, and monitor the amount of traffic that our website receives.
There are times, however, when we must share statistical data we amass about our website visitors with our affiliates. But this data relates to our website visitors as a whole and in no way exposes any personal information and could never be linked back to them.
Information Received By Ad Networks Operating on Our Website
Many ad networks display their ads on our website. They also participate in collecting non-specific information of our visitors to connect you with ads that align with your likes and needs. However, you have the right to opt-out of the personally-targeted ads, but you will not be able to stop receiving general ads that are featured on our website.
It should be noted here, however, that these advertisers do not have access to your personal information.
Our users have been granted permission to make comments on our website. However, they bear full responsibility for the content of those comments (which may include personal information).
We are free from any responsibility for how personal information our users share on the website is disseminated by third parties operating on our website. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to edit or remove such comments, such as inappropriate or erroneous comments, as we see fit.
Our website carries links to several other websites that may also require you to provide personal information, like name, address, and telephone number, email addresses, and social media accounts.
Rights and Choices for California Residents
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information. This section covers your CCPA and explains how they are applied. Be aware, however, these rights do not apply to certain California residents if said information is designated as “excluded information” as explained above. The CCPA does not extend these rights to B2B communications.
California Residents’ Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
You have the right to request that the company provide you with certain information about how they collected your personal information over the past 12 months. But we will need to verify the identity of the person making the request first. After your identity has been confirmed, we will disclose to you the following information, depending on your request:
- The categories of information collected
- The source of the information collected for each category
- The purpose of our business collecting said information
- The specific personal information we collected about you (which you can make copies of.).
- Two separate list disclosures:
- That we did not sell any of your personal information
- The personal information categories for each obtained for each recipient
Deletion Request Rights for California Residents
California residents have the right to request we delete any personal information we collected on them, barring certain exceptions. First, we must verify your identity. Then, we will delete (and ask our service providers to delete) any personal information in our records, again, barring any exceptions. You’ll have to contact any related entities directly about deleting any personal information they may have on you in their system.
We may, of course, deny your deletion request in retaining such information is vital for us and our service provider(s) to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the information, provide the goods and services you requested, take reasonable actions for a transaction involving an ongoing business transaction with you or, or negotiate a contract with you.
- Detect security issues, guard against malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or prosecute any parties involved in said activities.
- Debug products to isolate and fix errors associated with on-going functions.
- Exercise freedom of speech, ensure the first amendment rights of others to provide under the law.
- Compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Participate in public or peer-reviewed historical, scientific, and statistical research for the benefit of the public which adheres to existing ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of such information would likely render researching information you have previously given informed consent to virtually impossible, or at the very least seriously impair it.
- Enable exclusive use aligned with the reasonable expectations of the consumer based on ongoing relationships.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Make related internal and legal use of said information that is compatible within the context in which you provided.
We may also limit the extent to which you can delete information under applicable law.
Non-discrimination Against California Residents
We are prohibited from discriminating against you for exercising your CCPA rights. Unless otherwise permitted by CCPA, we will not:
- Deny any goods or services to you
- Modify prices to you for goods and services, including discounts and other benefits, or impose additional penalties.
- Provide you with a substandard level of goods and services.
- Intimate to you that you may be given a different price or rate for goods and services or a substandard level of goods and services.
However, we may extend to you certain financial incentives permitted under CCPA that could result in different prices, rates, or the level of quality. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentives we may offer depend largely on how much value our company places on your personal information and the written terms associated with the agreement. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior consent to opt-in, which you are free to revoke at any point. At present, we do not offer any financial incentives to our users.